Every child’s dream at one time was to have supernatural powers and be the last hope for cities, nations, and individual people. Back then, you may not have understood how deceptive CGI is. However, we cannot take away from our heroes the hard work and diet changes they had to endure to look the part.
Even though computer graphics influenced a lot, all the actors had one thing in common – unique gym workouts, which resulted in serious mass. Take Batman, Bruce Wayne, who embodies how raw human power and resilience promote an ultimate body transformation.
For our readers, aspiring to be as impeccable as their idolized heroes, here are some of the best celebrity workouts of all time.
Benefits of The Superhero Workout
Enhanced Muscle size: No lifting method guarantees an optimal superhero physique like these celebrity workouts. While many are adapted to suit the screenplay, the set and rep ranges are ideal for a top-tier superhero physique.
Improved Athleticism: Strength training is known to improve endurance and athletic performance. Tons of sports and daily activities benefit from the enhanced stimulation of muscles down to the last fiber.
Increases Endurance: Conventionally, popping open a superhero comic or watching your favorite marvel sequel will tell you what it takes to be a superhero, from intense training on end to increasing the volume of your workouts. So, if you hit your baseline rep count with ease, increase the resistance to make your body even more robust.
Aesthetic Muscle Gain: Everyone who frequents the gym has one thing in mind – to achieve a shredded v-shaped physique. While others will want to maintain their current shape, one thing cuts across; superhero workouts improve your body.
Superhero Training: How To Get Shredded
Captain America, has been the symbol of the American spirit – courage, justice, and fairness.
Besides being a gifted actor, Chris Evans is no stranger to the gym. Notably, his technique and depiction of Captain America command top-shelf athleticism and impeccable close combat skill, explosive energy, and sprints.
Not many superhero transformations are as effective as Chris Evans in his role as Captain America, and so were his workouts. Even though he had to endure months of intense exercising, the results were an aesthetic physique.
Try out these moves for the ultimate body transformation:
- Lateral raise, 3 sets x 15 reps
- Front raise, 3 sets x 15 reps
- Military press, 3 sets x 15 reps
- Reverse shoulder fly, 3 sets x 15 reps
- Weighted bench dip, 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Barbell squat, 3 sets x 6-8 reps
- Barbell lunge, 3 sets x 6-8 reps
- Leg press, 3 sets x 6-8 reps
- Calf raise, 3 sets x 6-8 reps
- Hamstring curl, 3 sets x 6-8 reps
- Jump rope, 1 min x 3
- Bent over row, 5 sets x 5 reps
- Incline bench press, 3 sets x 8 reps
- Lat pulldown, 3 sets x 8 reps
- Seated DB press, 4 sets x 8 reps
Body transformation starts with a proactive change in eating habits. Evans dined on healthy snacks and lean proteins to grow shredded muscles while increasing body weight and eliminating the ‘useless’ carbs such as processed food.
There is a bowl of veggies, oats, and fruits for breakfast, a mid-morning and pre-workout snack consisting of fruit and protein supplements. Once again, Captain America stresses the essence of a post-workout protein beverage. Lunch consists of whole grain rice, lean meat, and a vegetable salad. All his evening meals had lean meat as well as vegetables or fruit. To conclude the diet, he had a protein shake just before bed.
Ben Affleck, AKA Batman, takes quite an intensive bodybuilding course, not for the faint at heart. While his objective was primarily to enhance muscle growth by weight lifting, he followed a customized diet regimen to strengthen his gains.
Here’s the workout routine, which also includes some Olympic movements:
- Barbell landmine press, 3 sets x 10 reps
- Hang Snatch, 4 sets x 8 reps
- Speed deadlifts, 4 sets x 8 reps
- Towel pullups, 4 sets to failure
- Turkish get-up, 3 sets x 10 reps on each side
- Tire flips, 3 minutes x 3
- Barbell squats, 3 sets x 8 reps
- Romanian deadlift, 4 sets x 6 reps
- Goblet squat, 3 sets x 10 reps
- Walking lunge, 3 sets x 10 reps each leg
- Lateral raise, 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Incline bench press, 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Lat pulldown, 3 sets x 12 reps
- Hammer curl, 3 sets x 12 reps
- Tricep extensions, 3 sets x 12 reps
As you would expect, his diet regimen was optimized for mass. Fundamentally, you wouldn’t expect quick gains in such a short time when you’re not eating right. As such, he at least six times each day and derived his daily pick-me-up from protein shakes and lean meat.
Suggested by the name, the “six-pack” meal plan features six meals each day, including:
- Lean protein, potato, and flaxseed oil
- Protein supplements and shakes
- Egg whites, banana, and flaxseed oil
- Fruits and nuts
- Protein bar
- Chicken, seafood, beef, etc., with vegetables.
Without saying, he gained more than 20 pounds in quite a narrow window of time as well as an imposing frame.
Many lifters cannot keep up with the tempo of cardio workouts, but Gal Gadot takes a high-paced approach to bodybuilding and features explosive exercises in her superhero workouts. To match the intensity of Wonder Woman, Gadot’s workouts predominantly featured a pre-workout cardio session – like sprints and mountain climbers – followed by several bouts of strength training workouts, including:
- Bird dogs, 1 minute
- Burpees, 1 minute
- Mountain climbers, 1 minute
- Running or jogging for 10 minutes
- Cardio warm-up for 10 minutes
- Romanian deadlifts, 3 sets x 5 reps
- Bent-over rows, 3 sets x 5 reps
- Reverse curl, 3 sets x 8 reps
- Squats, 4 sets x 12 reps
- Bulgarian splits, 3 sets x 5 reps
Arms and abs, one minute each x 3
- Incline pushups
- Hollow holds
Something to love about her workouts is that you can get them for free on several online sites and applications.
Furthermore, rather than coming up with a restrictive diet, Gal Gadot ensured a surplus of nutrients each day. Ideally, 100g of protein, 200-240g of complex carbs, and 90g of fat.
Gadot would have eggs for breakfast alongside slow-carb sources or protein-rich oats on a typical day. For lunch, a decent serving of steak, veggie salad, and wholegrain rice and dinner would be similar.
When it comes to bodybuilding, Mike Colter is somewhat unconventional. Typically, weight lifters will spend much time in the gym with routines cast in stone, but not Mike Colter.
First, he initially brainstorms and spends most of his time googling and consuming as much bodybuilding information as he can. Afterward, he went powering in the gym with grit and determination, and the results were impeccable.
Not often will an actor gain more than 20 pounds in preparation for their role. However, Mike Colter shattered the glass ceiling and added more than 30 pounds in no time.
Judging by Mike’s physique, expect to do some heavy lifting at least three times each week. Be free to include these movements in your following full-body routine:
- Bench press, 4 sets x 12 reps
- DB bicep curls, 4 sets x 12 reps
- Incline dumbbell rows, 4 sets x 12 reps
- Overhead press, 4 sets x 12 reps
- Skull crushers, 4 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell squats, 3 sets x 8 reps
- Bulgarian splits, 3 sets x 8 reps
- Deadlifts, 3 sets x 8 reps
- Walking lunges, 3 sets x 8 reps
- Barbell hang cleans, 3 sets x 6 reps
- Leg extensions, 4 sets x 12 reps
- Medicine ball overhead throws, 4 sets x 12 reps
- Quad extensions, 4 sets x 12 reps
- Incline bench press, 4 sets x 12 reps
Apart from taking plenty of protein and slow-release carbs, he avoids simple carbs and junk. Without the proper diet, there is no point in working out! Many gym patrons pump iron without first fixing their diet and remain gutted when they don’t see positive results.
Initially, start the day with a protein shake, cottage cheese, eggs, and fruit. Then, your pre-workout snack should include sweet potato and lean meat such as chicken, fish, and beef. In the post-workout stage, gulp a protein shake or eat hard-boiled eggs with salad toppings or quinoa. Your lunch shouldn’t miss lean protein veggies and fruit. The same also applies to dinner.
Though Chris Hemsworth is naturally a towering figure, don’t think for a second that he did not have to put in the hard work. On the contrary, to achieve such high levels of muscle hypertrophy, he focused on an intensive workout program that may seem intimidating.
However, this should not put you off from your training. If you follow Chris’ routine and couple it with the proper diet, you too can get the same results.
Here is an entire article about How Chris Hemsworth Became Thor, The God of Thunder
Getting superhero fit is no easy feat. It will take the right mentality, determination, and a passion for fitness.
To make the most of your endeavors, make sure your set and rep range is spot on, and you eat right. Rest well and do it all over again!