IRON MAN E-Zine: Issue #626:
Lean-Machine Secrets for Full-On Fat Burn
TRY THIS AT YOUR NEXT WORKOUT
Lean-Machine Secrets for Full-On Fat Burn
Q: I want to thank you. I got your X-treme Lean and Fat-to-Muscle Workout. Following the training methods and diet advice in those kept me so much leaner over the winter. I can’t believe it’s almost February and I can still see abs–not much blur at all. I usually get a bigger gut and abs vanish. Not this year–and my eating wasn’t all that different from past winters, so I know it’s your methods. Thank you!
A: That’s great to hear. In fact, our wives have expressed some disbelief–in a positive way–about our leanness the past two winters as well. They have seen us get overly rotund during some past cold snaps. But now our muscle and rippedness is staying strong, despite higher calories (like wine and dark chocolate almost every night!). The secret?
Well, we wouldn’t call them secrets but more "discoveries" after a lot of trial and error. Here’s a quick list of get-ripped tips:
1) X-centric sets. This is doing a few sets every workout with a very slow negative stroke on each rep–lift in one second and lower in six. That creates more muscle damage, which requires energy (from fat) outside the gym for excess repair. You burn fat 24/7.
2) The 4X method. For most exercises we use a moderate weight for four sets of 10 reps, but with very short rests between–30 to 40 seconds. That style of training not only builds muscle via myofibrillar and sarcoplasmic expansion, it stresses the mitochondria, the lean machines in cells where fat is burned.
3) Growth hormone release. Both of the above methods–X-centric and 4X–trigger major muscle burn, which in turn causes GH to churn. GH is a muscle builder as well as a potent blubber buster. In other words, more GH will get you bigger AND leaner.
4) Carb cycling. We mention this in X-treme Lean–that our diets actually have built-in carb fluctuation. For example, on nonworkout days we don’t have a postworkout shake. That cuts about 60 grams of carbs from our diet on those days. We also have a loose cheat day on the weekends–not too extreme, but enough to jack up daily calories. That calorie and carb zig-zag keeps metabolic momentum revved to the max–no starvation, no cravings and no thyroid shutdown.
All of the above is good stuff to keep you ripped and buff year round–or to help you lean out now.
Till next time, train hard–and smart–for BIG results.
Note: The Ultimate Fat-to-Muscle Workout e-book is now only $19.99. Our fat-burning nutrition guide with diets and training, X-treme Lean, is only $9.99 (less than 10 bucks)–or get it with X-traordinary Abs for only $19.99 (Double-Shredded Combo Offer at the X-Shop).
–Steve Holman and Jonathan Lawson
LIMITED-TIME $19.99 BEST-SELLERS: We’re offering each of these at their lowest price ever to get you big and ripped by spring. Click on the title you’re interested in for more info…
1) The 4X Mass Workout–fast, simplified supersaturation training for X-treme size
2) The X-traordinary X-Rep Workout–the latest update to our original X e-book
3) The X-centric Mass Workout–the negative-accentuated training manual
4) The Ultimate Fat-to-Muscle Workout–total body transformation training
5) X-traordinary Muscle-Building Workouts–10 complete mass programs
6) X-traordinary Arms–includes the 3D HIT workout system with big-arms routines
7) 3D Muscle Building–the original Positions-of-Flexion mass-training manual
8) X-treme LeanFat-Burning and Nutrition Guide (with training too)
12) Eric Broser’s FD/FS Mass-Shock Workout
Latest release: The 4X Mass WorkoutFast Simplified Supersaturation Training for X-treme Muscle Size. It’s how many pro bodybuilders get big AND ripped as fast as possible for contests and photo shoots. You can use it for a blast of new mass in only a few weeks–and the workouts are quick. Guaranteed or your money back. Limited-time discount offer HERE.
X-SHOP: Find our original X-Rep e-book, as well as X Updates and Positions-of-Flexion mass-training guides…
X-WORKOUTS: Find specialized e-workout programs, including Power-Density, 10×10 and Eric Broser’s Power/Rep Range/Shock….
NEW: The X-traordinary SIZE SURGE Workout, Jonathan Lawson’s legendary two-phase mass program that packed 20 pounds of muscle on his frame in only 10 weeks. See all the changes he made to the original workouts, transcribed from his training journal. In printable templates so you can duplicate his incredible gains. You also get his eat-to-grow diet and streamlined no-frills supplement schedule, anabolic acceleration methods and loads of tips and tricks. Plus, an interview with a top-level bodybuilder who trains Size Surge style for incredible growth.
Newbies: If you’re a beginning bodybuilder, coming back from a layoff or a trainer who trains beginners, our new e-book, Quick-Start Muscle-Building Guide, is for you.
To follow the ITRC training program in “Train, Eat, Grow,” get a copy of the latest issue of IRON MAN.
This Special Report was submitted by Jonathan Lawson and Steve Holman.
The IRON MAN Training & Research Team
The ITRC Training Newsletter is not intended as training advice for everyone. You must consult your physician before beginning any diet or training program. You may forward this email to as many friends as you want, but do not photocopy or reprint this report in any format without the written permission of the copyright holder.
Help us build the IRON MAN Research Team Tell a friend! If you know someone who would benefit from Supplement Updates, Diet Tips and Freebies, forward them this e-zine or tell them to visit us at
http://www.ironmanmagazine.com and click on FREE Training Newsletter.
*We DO NOT sell any subscriber e-mail addresses.
All Content (c) Copyright 2012 IRON MAN Magazine
All Rights Reserved