“‘If you want something you’ve never had, you’re going to have to do something that you’ve never done.’ This quote often goes through my mind as I’m pushing myself during training.
Current training program: My diet and workouts are tailored for me by my coach, Shane Heugly (of Team Heugly). I currently do five days of lifting:
Day 1: Chest, arms
Day 2: Legs, glutes
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Legs, glutes
I do a light ab workout after almost every lifting session. I do cardio three to six days a week, depending on how close I am to a competition.
What has been the biggest mistake you’ve made with your training in the past? For the first four months I trained, I did not work my legs and glutes hard enough. I wanted more shape to my legs and bum and didn’t realize why they weren’t coming along until I started training with Shane. He gave me leg workouts from hell! Ha ha. My hamstrings and glutes are now one of my strongest areas.
Join Iron Man Magazine Insider and get full access to this article and more:
• Ad Free Reading Experience
• Articles Available Online Same Day as Newsstand Date
• Full Issues Downloadable as PDFs
• Full Training DVDs Online for Streaming or Download
• Members Only Exclusive Content
• Special Offers and Coupons for Supplements and More
• Exclusive Hi Res Photos and HD Videos Only Available to Members
• Members Only Contests and Giveaways
• Members Only Email Newsletter