Q: How do I change my lifestyle so I can go from twig to getting big?
A: Make it a priority. When I gained 40 pounds of muscle in 24 weeks (I was 22 years old at the time), I did the following things:
1) I turned off my computer or TV a half hour before going to bed so I could get a higher quality of sleep.
2) I always woke up early and prepared my meals for the day because I was working eight to 10 hours a day as a trainer and didn’t have money to eat out, and the cafeteria food was junk.
3) I scheduled my workouts every night at 5 p.m. so nothing could conflict.
4) I ate from big plates and drank out of big cups to remind myself of my goal.
5) I worked out with a few buddies at the gym who were bigger than I was to keep me focused on my goals.
6) I wrote out my workouts and printed off my meal plan and posted in on my fridge so I always knew what I had to do next—there was never any guesswork.
7) I took action every single day!
One more thing: Take some before pictures and set a date to take after pictures. Goals without deadlines are only dreams. Make it happen!