FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NATIONAL PHYSIQUE COMMITTEE AND GASPARI NUTRITION ANNOUNCE APRIL NPC ATHLETES OF THE MONTH
PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA (May 29, 2013) – The National Physique Committee and Gaspari Nutrition have chosen seven competitors – Daniel McDonald, Jeremy Buendia, Jennifer Childs, Grace Ripslinger, Edith Waggoner, , Samantha Sage and Lisa LaBrie – as NPC Athletes of the Month for the month of April.
Each month, NPC President Jim Manion selects the Athletes of the Month in each of the organization’s seven divisions – Men’s and Women’s Bodybuilding, Figure, Bikini, Fitness and Men’s and Women’s Physique – based on in-person analysis and on the information provided by contest promoters across the country.
For complete profiles and galleries of the April NPC Athletes of the month, go to www.npcnewsonline.com.
About the April Athletes of the Month:
– Men’s Bodybuilding: Daniel McDonald, 38, a former sponsored skateboarder, won the Heavyweight and Overall at the Europa Show of Champions in Orlando, Florida.
– Women’s Bodybuilding: Lisa Labrie, 43, returned to the stage after a nine-year layoff to win the Overall at the Vermont State Championships.
– Bikini: Jennifer Childs, a mother of two, won the Open and Masters Overall titles at the Northern Colorado Championships.
– Figure: Former soccer player Grace Ripslinger, 22, won the Overall at the Iowa State Championships. Ripslinger started competing in 2012.
– Women’s Physique: Edith Waggoner won the Overall at the LA Grand Prix. A former Figure competitor, Waggoner made the transition to Women’s Physique for the 2013 NPC season.
– Men’s Physique: Jeremy Buendia, 22, won the Overall at the LA Grand Prix, the third straight contest at which he won his class and the Overall.
– Fitness: First-year competitor Samantha Sage, 19, won the Overall at the Texas Shredder Classic.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login