PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA (August 24, 2012) – The National Physique Committee and Gaspari Nutrition have announced seven competitors – Anthony Pasquale, LaDawn McDay, Vida Guerra, Mallory Haldeman, Darrian Tissenbaum, Sadik Hadzovic and Betty Vasquez – as the Athletes of the Month in their respective divisions for the month of June.
NPC Chairman Jim Manion selects the Athletes of the Month in each of the organization’s seven divisions – Men’s and Women’s Bodybuilding, Figure, Bikini, Fitness and Men’s and Women’s Physique – based on in-person analysis and on the information provided by contest promoters across the country and featured in the NPC News Online Contest Roundups every Monday.
For complete profiles and galleries of the June NPC Athletes of the month, go to www.npcnewsonline.com.
About the June Athletes of the Month:
– Men’s Bodybuilding: Anthony Pasquale, a former Cryptologist in the Air Force from 2001-2005, recently won the Heavyweight and Overall titles at the Junior Nationals
– Women’s Bodybuilding: LaDawn McDay, an elementary school teacher from Michigan who began competing in 2004, won the Heavyweight and Overall titles and the Junior Nationals.
– Bikini: Vida Guerra won her pro card by winning her class at the Junior Nationals. Guerra has appeared on the covers of Playboy, FHM and Maximum and was named FHM’s Model of the Year in 2004.
– Figure: Mallory Haldeman, 26, won the Overall at the Junior Nationals. Halderman started competing in 2011, two years after she broke both ankles in a rock climbing accident.
– Fitness: Twenty-one-year-0ld Darrian Tissenbaum earned her IFBB Pro card in just her second competition by winning the Overall at the Junior Nationals.
– Men’s Physique: New York resident Sadik Hadzovic won his class and the Overall at the Junior Nationals.
– Women’s Physique: Betty Vasquez, a former figure competitor, won her class and an IFBB Pro card at the Junior Nationals.
NPC News Online