If a thing is worth doing, it’s worth doing right. I can’t remember if my dad told me that when I was helping him frame a wall or build a deck, or my mom tried to drill it into my head while begging me to clean a bathroom, but the phrase stuck and I’ve been a recovering perfectionist ever since. I like the concept, but there’s an evil side to perfectionism—it leaves little room for flexibility.
If a thing is worth doing, it’s worth doing right.
If perfect is your goal, anything short leaves you choking in a cloud of failure. The pursuit of getting and staying lean isn’t about perfection; you need a buffer zone between real life and long-term health and physique goals. How can you maintain excellent physical condition while balancing the effort it takes with the practicality of making it happen?
Join Iron Man Magazine Insider and get full access to this article and more:
• Ad Free Reading Experience
• Articles Available Online Same Day as Newsstand Date
• Full Issues Downloadable as PDFs
• Full Training DVDs Online for Streaming or Download
• Members Only Exclusive Content
• Special Offers and Coupons for Supplements and More
• Exclusive Hi Res Photos and HD Videos Only Available to Members
• Members Only Contests and Giveaways
• Members Only Email Newsletter