I don’t know about you, but I LOVE filling my breakfast macros with some sort of protein pancake. Whether I make them with mashed sweet potatoes, rolled oats, or quinoa, the results are still spectacular. I decided to give you one of my simplest, most macro and physique friendly protein pancake recipes. Make all the adjustments you would like to the recipe, to make it fit your nutrition program, tastes, and favorites, but one ingredient you must never forget… COOK THESE THINGS WITH LOVE! You got me? : )
Here’s what you’ll need (other than a big bowl, spoon, teaspoon set… you get it):
– 3 egg whites
– 1 whole egg
– 1 cup old-fashioned oats
– 1 tbsp of cinnamon
– 1 stevia packet
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/4 cup of vanilla almond milk
– 1 scoop of whey protein
– LOVE (remember?)
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Scramble the egg whites and whole egg into one bowl.
2. Slowly add in the oats, while stirring the mixture as you do this.
3. Add in the almond milk and whisk the mixture some more.
4. Throw in the scoop of protein powder slowly, while whisking the mixture as you do it.
5. Toss in the stevia, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla extract; mix everything together.
6. Put your stove top on medium heat and slowly pour some of the mixture into a pan (spray the pan with coconut oil spray first).
7. Cook each pancake on one side for 3-4 minutes (or until bubbles form on the top of the pancake) and then flip it onto the other side and wait another 3-4 minutes.
8. Top pancakes off with sugar free syrup and devour!
These are so simple to make and taste delicious, even when you AREN’T dieting! Again, adjust the recipe as you go. Sometimes I like to mash up a banana and throw that into my pancake mixture. Then, once my pancakes are done, I like to top them off with some almond butter. If I’m feeling really creative with my macros that day, I’ll put some dark chocolate chips on top as well.
Whatever suits you and your taste buds best, try it out!
Train hard and train smart!