We all know how important leg training is to having a complete physique. How many times have you seen someone who has an Olympia-caliber upper body and olive-branch legs? No one wants to be the subjects of those criticisms, so we make it a point to devote a day to legs. That said, how complete is your leg workout?
Think about feeling your hamstrings and not the number of pounds on the bar
If you’re like most people, your leg routines consist of squats—because what is a leg workout without them?—leg presses, another quad exercise and then you throw in leg curls at the end so you don’t neglect the hamstrings. That’s a big mistake for two reasons.
If you are a bodybuilder, you will hear that many contests are won (or lost) from the back. That applies to the lower body as well as the upper. Most important, though, is the function of the muscles themselves. If you have weak hamstrings, you will become more susceptible to leg injuries due to the imbalance.
Here’s a quality routine that will ensure that you’re giving your best effort to the backs of your thighs:[story continues…]
Join Iron Man Magazine Insider and get full access to this article and more:
• Ad Free Reading Experience
• Articles Available Online Same Day as Newsstand Date
• Full Issues Downloadable as PDFs
• Full Training DVDs Online for Streaming or Download
• Members Only Exclusive Content
• Special Offers and Coupons for Supplements and More
• Exclusive Hi Res Photos and HD Videos Only Available to Members
• Members Only Contests and Giveaways
• Members Only Email Newsletter